After cryptocurrencies exploded in 2013, more and more people are looking for ways to turn their small nest eggs into giant jackpots. And they hope to do so by leveraging high risk in this market. Now that some cryptocurrencies are out of reach for some people to not just buy a fraction of a cryptocurrency. There are still cryptocurrencies less than a penny you can invest in 2020. These so-called sub-penny cryptocurrencies could be a lucrative way to expand your crypto portfolio.
With more than 1600 coins on the market, there are still some promising up-and-comers that may be worth investing in. Many people skip sub-penny cryptocurrencies, thinking that they are untrustworthy or not worthwhile. But this logic shows a basic misunderstanding of supply and demand and market cap. Many blockchain-based and crypto startups and developer teams are very innovative. They have the experience and tech knowledge to create platforms and products, which use crypto coins at lower prices. This serves as a huge selling point for onboarding investors.
Instead of owning 0.10 of Bitcoin you can own 1,000 cheap coins, however, this does not mean that owning lots of cheaper cryptocurrencies will be the better option. Bitcoin’s price hike has been phenomenal and its current value is through the roof. However, that has severely limited its affordability and attainability for the majority of investors and crypto enthusiasts.
Moving forward, we’re going to dive into the best cryptocurrencies less than a penny for 2020 you can invest in, but first, let’s just start with what sub-penny cryptocurrencies mean.
What are Sub-Penny Cryptocurrencies?
A sub-penny cryptocurrency is any cryptocurrency worth less than a penny. That means its value is lower than $0.01. To some extent, sub-penny coins are more volatile. Same as with Bitcoin, sub-penny cryptocurrencies have seen returns of 100x, 500x or even 1,000x.
Many cryptocurrencies less than a penny have generated outstanding returns. Back in 2017 Ethereum was up almost 10,000%. Another phenomenal performance by Verge XVG saw the coin achieve a 1,582,000% gain.
Which cryptocurrencies less than a penny are worth investing in?
We’re always on the lookout for coins that are worth less than $0.01 or sub-penny cryptocurrencies to invest in. In our opinion, these are the coins that have the potential to give a promising ROI. This is what crypto investing is all about.
It’s important to objectively assess the whole project, team and infrastructure behind all cryptocurrencies less than a penny you are considering. Not all crypto coins are created equal. In some cases, it’s better to buy a fraction of a major crypto than 1,000 altcoins. Especially if they have no future and are just some scam coins relying on hype.
Now, let’s examine the top six sub-penny cryptocurrencies to invest in 2020. We encourage everyone interested in investing in cryptocurrency to do their own research on all the coins because the crypto market is volatile and crypto investments can be risky.
Ripto Bux (RBX)
Ripto Bux is a non-ICO, fixed-supply, dual-blockchain (Waves and Ethereum) multi-use currency. That may sound a bit overcomplicated but it’s actually pretty simple. What it means is that this sub-penny crypto is based not on one but two proven blockchains – the Waves platform and the Ethereum public chain.
The grass-roots, boot-strapped project is run by a team of crypto enthusiasts and blockchain developers who adopted a different approach. They are trying to prove that it is not necessary to run a multi-million dollar ICO in order to successfully build and utilize a C.A.T. (Custom Application Token) / Ethereum Token on the Waves and Ethereum blockchains. The development of the project is rather open-ended.
Dogecoin has achieved somewhat of a cult status among the global crypto community. It is also the first crypto coin to have risen out of an Internet meme and earned a reputation as a “tipping” currency – meaning you can tip someone instantly using Dogecoins instead of valueless upvotes, likes, and re-tweets.
- Although Dogecoin is famously known as the “joke currency”, there is nothing funny about the increase in its value and popularity since its launch in 2013. There is a pretty well-developed community surrounding the cryptocurrency and Dogecoin is increasingly being used in commerce and fundraising.
Cannabis is a huge industry and there are quite a few cryptocurrencies that try to tap into the growing market. HempCoin is one of them.
- HempCoin was specifically designed for the Agriculture industry but it’s also applicable in the Marijuana/Hemp industry. It’s built on the Bitcoin blockchain and is popularly used in marijuana dispensaries and the more general farming business circles. The coin, THC, presents several major use cases: from purchasing medical marijuana from dispensaries and buying the equipment that farmers use to grow marijuana to facilitating the exchange of equipment and produce.
- The coin is listed on big coin exchanges such as Bittrex which helps users trade it easily. Its open-source structure lets developers around the world to contribute to the further growth of HempCoin. Since it’s an open-source project, the code used to develop it can be audited publicly and implemented in a secure manner.
- The marijuana farming business is growing fast, and HempCoin is one of the cryptocurrencies that has positioned itself to benefit from this growth through the use of advanced technology and user-friendly applications.
The developers of ReddCoin have worked on creating a social currency platform connected to all popular social media channels. The objective of ReddCoin is to turn social media platforms into a source of income for users who post unique content. This creates a combination of business and social media.
- Users can use RDD for regular transactions through the social media network. The team behind ReddCoin is currently focused on creating Redd-IDs for the users. There will be a combination of usernames, public keys and social network identities. In 2018, they announced the launch of a WebID Wallet on the project’s Twitter and YouTube channels. In addition to the growing popularity of the project, in 2018 ReddCoin saw a rise of almost 130% within one month – from $0.009 USD to $0.0041.
- The structure of the network and its recent developments make it worth investing in. The proof of work algorithm utilizes CPUs, GPUs and specialized mining equipment to solve the computations. The team is focused on securing new partnerships and also improving the rank from the current position of 78, according to coinmarketcap.com.
The Electroneum project seems like a good investment, combining the decentralized nature of a cryptocurrency with a centralized app that will function as a marketing mechanism to get new users onboard.
- One of the biggest advantages of the Electroneum project is the development team, which is well-known in the tech industry. The CEO, Richard Ells, is the owner of two companies, SiteWizard and Retortal which has some big ticket clients like Avon and Herbalife. So far, Electroneum has secured the backing of Duncan Logan from RocketSpace, who was also an early investor in Shopify and Uber.
- The project itself allows users to mine Electroneum on a mobile phone with an app that is already available on the Play Store. They can also send payments to one another quickly and easily. The team will expand on the functionality by integrating it as a payment system for mobile games, where you can earn coins in one game and spend them in another.
VeChain is a Blockchain-as-a-Service company that aims to build “a trust-free and distributed business ecosystem and enable transparent information flow, efficient collaboration, and high-speed value transferring.”
- The project has been around for over two years and gaining traction. There are many users of the VET coin and its associated product. Several companies in the luxury goods, agriculture, logistics, food/drug, and government sectors are already using VeChain blockchain technology.
- A rebrand in 2018 saw VeChain move beyond the supply chain into more general enterprise dapp solutions similar to Ethereum. The new platform called VeChain Thor uses two different tokens: VeChain Tokens (VET) and VeThor Tokens (VTHO).
- VET is used by companies as the smart payment currency to run business activities on the blockchain. The more VET coins businesses hold, the higher priority and more rights on the blockchain they have. As part of the economy of VeChain, holders of VET coins receive VTHO and can run smart contracts and applications on the blockchain. This mechanism is similar to the way NEO produces GAS for its holders.
A Final Word
There are hundreds of sub-penny cryptocurrencies to mud through to find a few good ones. Each one makes big promises to be creating the next big thing in cryptographic technology. But most of them are tied to projects that lack the execution or marketing strategy to bring to market a viable product. Either that or the cryptocurrencies themselves are vastly overhyped. The six cryptocurrencies less than a penny we reviewed here truly boast a solid growth potential in 2020.
Some coins even pay out dividends and if that interests you, you should read this article.
Keep in mind that this is an opinion based article and always do you own due diligence before investing in a cryptocurrency.
With this in mind, exercising due diligence before investing in sub-penny cryptocurrencies. This is the best way to make calculated risks while you diversify your portfolio.