Today, cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services and products, but they vary by safety, regulation, payments, fees, and trust. But really, that’s just scratching the surface. If you want to understand these exchanges, you’ll need to dig deeper. Considering the overall structure, and the model of exchange, your quest to find your first step into the crypto-world is made easy. This guide will introduce you to best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 in the world and highlight their advantages and disadvantages.
Let’s see what the whole fuss surrounding the best cryptocurrency exchange, and which one fits your financial strategy.
Top 16 Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges 2020
Cryptocurrency exchange sites offer you the chance to sell, buy or even exchange cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum for some other digital or orthodox currencies like dollars and pounds. There are lots of crypto exchange platforms out there, but we’ve taken the time to compile the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020.
Binance encourages crypto to crypto trading, and it offers some of the best options available in the crypto exchange. Notably, they boast some of the biggest trading volumes on their trading pairs and huge amounts of coins made available for user purchase. The platform introduced a secure asset fund for users that retains about 10% of trading fees done on the exchange platform in case of an unforeseen hack.
The platform also offers its very own coin, called the Binance coin (BNB). Due to that, users can earn attractive discounts while trading on the platform with their token. They offer a trading fee of around 0.1% that can be subsequently reduced further when payment is made with the Binance coin.
If you’re looking to find out more about Binance, you can check out our full Binance review.
- The platform offers cheap transactions.
- It’s available worldwide.
- Platform has its very own token.
- Binance does not allow fiat trading.
- Even more, the payment options are quite less.
Bybit is a new peer to peer cryptocurrency exchange that has its headquarters in Singapore. The platform places focus on more experienced traders. Boasting of the ability to process thousands of transactions at once, the platform assures clients of not losing money during trade periods.
The site is head and shoulders above its peers in terms of functionality; the clients can trade with margin on the Bybit platform. Furthermore, the platform is quite user-friendly with reasonable fees and an intuitive user interface.
- The platform provides high leverage.
- 24/7 customer support
- The site supports anonymity of its clients.
- Their fees are attractive.
- Intuitive interface
- They do not have a mobile app.
- No established track record as the platform is still relatively new.
- Asset coverage is limited.
CoinBase is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020. The platform ensures one can buy, store, use, and even trade digital currencies. The fact that they are a brokerage company means one can buy bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies directly from the Coinbase platform instead of buying from other users.
They allow users to buy ether, bitcoins, and litecoins from them through a digital wallet available on several mobile app stores. Coinbase usually charges a 1.49% fee on bank purchases as well as 3.99% fees on debit and credit purchases. Considering the lower fees on the bank purchase option, it’s advisable to make use of this option when undertaking large purchases.
- High level of security
- Solid reputation
- Very reasonable and attractive fees
- Quite user-friendly platform
- Average customer support
- Payment methods are limited.
- They allow users from limited number of countries.
Kraken is a popular Cryptocurrency exchange platform that was founded in 2011, and it’s one of the largest bitcoin exchanges in Euro volume. Furthermore, Kraken offers fair trading fees, and their fees are based on the amount of trade one carries out for 30 days. Maker fees range from 0.16% to 0% while taker fees range between 0.26% and 0.1%.
One particularly unique feature of Kraken is that one can trade marginally with close to 5-times leverage on the platform. During the period of margin trading on the platform, eligible accounts are allowed to borrow up to $500,000 to either go long or go short on cryptocurrency.
- The platform has a great reputation.
- The exchange rates are relatively decent.
- The platform is user-friendly.
- Kraken platform is not beginner-friendly.
- Furthermore, the payment options are limited.
- The user interface is not intuitive.
This is a high volume cryptocurrency exchange platform that was put together by a team of web developers, economists, and high-frequency traders to serve the crypto community better. The dominant currency being traded on the platform is BTC. Apart from bitcoin, one also has the option of checking out other currencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Cardano, and Ripple.
The Bitmex platform guarantees the safety of all funds being transacted on the platform, and one doesn’t need to worry about the liquidity of one’s crypto. Registration on the platform is quite seamless as one is only required to provide a valid email ID. Their fees are relatively inexpensive for both makers and takers.
- Personalized user interface
- High liquidity
- Availability of advanced margin trading
- Fees are highly competitive
- Unavailability of fiat currency
- Interface is not beginner-friendly.
This is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 platform that gives you the option of trading more than 180 cryptocurrencies on the go. Out of the entire exchange platform, they handle one of the biggest Bitcoin trading volumes in the world. They are also adequately regulated by relevant authorities; this means one is assured of the safety of funds. They operate in a way that buyer and sellers are the ones that decide the particular rate at which they desire to trade; this is done at a minimal fee of 0.25%
One needs to register on the platform by providing a valid email address to transact. However, withdrawal of funds isn’t as straightforward. One needs to go through a KYC (know your customer) verification procedure by providing valid identification documents as well as a phone number.
They support two types of user accounts; basic account and advanced account. The difference between both accounts is the daily withdrawal limits. Notably, this platform only supports crypto to crypto exchanges. Hence, they do not allow you to deposit fiat currencies like USD and EUR.
- Verification and signup are quick.
- They offer certainly great customer support.
- The site is quite secure for transacting.
- No margin trading available.
This is an instant registration-free cryptocurrency exchange site for unlimited conversion of cryptocurrency. The platform is quite reliable and offers great rates to clients. The intriguing thing about this platform is that it does not require one to register before one can start transacting more than 180 cryptos.
The platform processes these transactions with the speed of light, and users are also allowed to deal fiat to crypto exchanges. The ChangeNOW platform does not have any hidden charges, and users can count on their trustworthiness in dealing with them.
- There is no need to register account.
- Lots of cryptocurrency coins and a wide array of trading pairs.
- Convenient crypto-exchange with credit card.
- Above all, there are no exchange limits.
- Effective customer care and support
- There is no leverage trading offered on cryptocurrencies.
ShapeShift is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 that supports an array of cryptocurrencies ranging from Ethereum, Monero, Dogecoin, Dash to Zcash and Bitcoin. This platform is ideal for those who want to start trading directly without going through the rigors of registration. The platform is also perfect if you do not want to rely on a platform to hold funds for you.
You cannot make a purchase of cryptocurrencies without a valid debit card, credit card, or any other acceptable payment system. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t support fiat exchange as it only allows exchange between one cryptocurrency and another.
- The platform is beginner-friendly.
- Wide array of cryptos are available for exchange.
- The prices are relatively decent.
- The mobile app is average.
- Unavailability of fiat currencies.
- Similarly, the payment options are limited.
Poloniex was founded in 2014 and can be considered to be one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 in the world. The platform guarantees a safe and secure trading environment and supports over 100 cryptocurrency pairing. Furthermore, the platform offers data analysis and advanced tools for veteran traders. As it is one of the top trading platforms with maximum trading volumes, users are assured of being able to close trading positions.
Poloniex adopts a maker-taker, volume-tiered fee schedule for trades. The fees vary depending on if one’s the taker or the maker. The fees range from 0% to 0.15% for makers while takers’ fees range from 0.10% to 0.25% depending on the amount traded. Poloniex doesn’t deduct any other fees for withdrawals apart from the transaction fee. An exciting feature on the platform is the chatbox that’s helpful to users, especially when it comes to getting the necessary information.
- First of all, creation of an account is fast and easy.
- There are a variety of great features.
- Availability of High volume trading.
- The platform is quite user-friendly.
- The customer service is average.
- Also, the platform doesn’t support fiat currency.
This is a client-friendly peer to peer exchange platform that allows one to sell and buy bitcoins in exchange for cryptocurrencies as well as fiat currencies. The platform boasts of being decentralized, and it does not require registration before interested users can start trading on the platform. Bitsquare does not withhold user funds as well data as no one has access to such data except trading partners who exchange such personal data.
The platform is quite secure with the case of trade disputes being settled with a purpose-built arbitrator system and security deposits. Therefore, Bitsquare prioritizes privacy and users can rest assured that their anonymity is guaranteed.
- The platform is quite secure and privacy is guaranteed.
- As a result, they have a good reputation.
- Wide array of cryptocurrencies are available.
- The charges are very decent.
- Most noteworthy, the platform doesn’t require user registration.
- It offers great options for advanced traders.
- Payment options are very less.
- The platform is not beginner-friendly.
First of all, Changelly offers one of the easiest routes to purchase cryptocurrencies at one’s leisure. They have a reputation for consistently putting great products on show in the crypto world. One particularly intriguing thing about the platform is that there is no need to register before you start transacting. One has to login with email ID and then start exchanging.
The platform offers support for more than 30 cryptocurrencies as well as Fiat currencies such as USD and EUROS. Changelly is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 has on show. Furthermore, as soon as one begins to use Changelly to exchange, the platform has bots that connect to some of the busiest crypto exchange markets in the market for price comparison.
Changelly processes one’s transaction in a few minutes, and they charge a commission fee of around 0.5% on every trade. Besides this commission, the user also needs to pay miner’s fee, which is directly deducted from their crypto balance.
- The platform offers a wide variety of trading pairs and alternative coins.
- Intuitive and user-friendly platform.
- Purchase rates are high.
Huobi is a top international crypto exchange platform that was started in China and has now spread all over the world. Above all, It boasts of over 240 cryptocurrency pairs which are sure to guarantee users of being safe from liquidity concerns. Furthermore, they have a very seamless registration procedure and very low rates too.
Notably, the platform offers 24/7 customer support to its users with fees for USD trades being 0.1% irrespective of whether it’s the maker or taker; crypto to crypto trades also stands at 0.05%.
- 24/7 efficient customer support.
- They have a good reputation.
- The fiat currency option is quite limited.
First of all, this is a beginner-friendly crypto exchange platform that focuses on credit card and debit card purchases. They provide instant delivery as well as sales of several crypto units like ethereum, ripple, bitcoin, and litecoin in several countries. They do not offer users a wallet on the platform. Instead, one is asked to make available a wallet address for receiving purchased cryptocurrency.
Also, the platform offers the opportunity of selling bitcoin back to one’s account. Coinmama is ideal for those who desire to make instant purchases of cryptocurrency through the use of their local currency.
- The platform is user-friendly.
- Interface is quite intuitive and user-friendly.
- Even more, there are wide range of payment options.
- Customer support is average.
- Exchange rates are on the high side.
Kucoin is an easy and reliable crypto exchange platform made available for those who desire a popular and secure exchange platform to transact cryptocurrencies. They offer an array of unique coins like $KCS as well as DragonChain. To begin trading on the platform, one can deposit any crypto of one’s choice. Even more, the platform is available on various mobile platforms for a quick transaction.
- There’s a wide range of currencies available.
- The platform does not require verification.
- The platform does not support fiat currency.
- Kucoin platform usually has trouble when there’s high traffic on the site.
- Unavailability of English Language support.
Upbit is one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 in South Korea. The trading platform has a wide array of cryptocurrencies which include BTC, Ethereum, and others. However, they support fiat exchange and offer to trade with the country’s major currency, the South Korean Won.
- First of all, it is backed by biggest technology giants of South Korea.
- Cyber-security of high-level.
- Offers over 100 cryptocurrencies.
- The platform does not support any fiat currency, except South Korean Won.
- Furthermore, the margin trading is unavailable.
Bitcoin is one of the biggest and most renowned cryptocurrency exchange platforms. They operate out of Hong Kong and have been in operation since 2014. They provide users options to trade various cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin, and Ripple. Users are allowed to trade with USD with a minimum deposit of $20. The trading fee ranges from 0.1% to 0.8% depending on one’s taker and maker status.
Above all, registration on the platform is relatively seamless as one needs to provide a valid email address as well as identification documents for subsequent verification. Furthermore, the platform has also been made available on several mobile platforms in addition to the web version.
- No restriction to withdrawal amount.
- High trading volume.
- Wide range of payment options.
It is a bit difficult to pick a particular crypto platform from the list of best cryptocurrency exchanges 2020 as all the platforms have their merits and demerits. Most of the crypto exchange platforms are well secured and offer a very seamless and straightforward registration procedure. Furthermore, one can transact in whatever currency one desires, with either debit or credit card. It’s safe to say there’s a huge amount of progress being made in the crypto trading world.